Mary River Month 2016
From Sunday 25th September to Saturday 12th November 2016 Mary River Month includes a wide range of activities, field days, forums, walks and talks throughout the Mary River Catchment, culminating with the Mary River Festival in Kandanga. Download the full Mary River Month calendar here.
Dive in to Mary River Month at 2pm on World Rivers Day, Sunday 25th September with the “BIG JUMP’ – take a step, a hop or a jump into your local river or creek and send your photos to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Big Jump traditionally started in Europe to celebrate rivers becoming healthy enough to swim in.
For us the Big Jump celebrates efforts to keep the river and her creeks clean for current and future generations.
Mary River Month also includes the 2016 Spring in the Mary photo competition . There’s a special Rural category this year for images of agriculture, forestry and fishing in the catchment and Great Sandy Strait. We also have a Junior category and an open category. Get your entries in by the 7 November 2016 and come along to the Mary River Festival on the 12 November to see all entries on display and vote in the “People’s Choice”. Download the flyer and entry form here .
New additions to the Calendar include
- MRCCC Catchment Crawl dates – Tuesday 4 October and Wednesday 5 October
- Koala Forum – Friday 7 October at Bauple
- Gerry Cook Cod Hatchery Open Day,Collwood Rd, Cooroy – Saturday 22 October
- Mary River Waterwatch Volunteers BBQ and River Trivia afternoon – Saturday 29 October
- Goomboorian Koala Corridor tree planting – Sunday 30 October
- Mary River Festival Lantern making workshops – 4, 6 and 7 of November.
- Mary’s Marvellous Mangroves walk at Tandora – Thursday 10 November
- Mary River Festival, Kandanga – Saturday 12th November
Community organisations are welcome to submit an event for inclusion in the Mary River Month calendar. For more information call the Mary Catchment Resource Centre on 07 5482 4766 or email email@example.com